Monday, June 25, 2018

Deb Rolfs #18 on the 2018 Covered Bridge Art Studio Tour stop Oct. 12-14th

 Painting is challenging, therapeutic and relaxing for me.  I am inspired by color, and incorporate bold colors in my paintings.  I try to convey warmth, optimism and fun in my paintings.  While I love the process of painting - creating and watching the painting unfold - my greatest joy in painting is when someone else enjoys the piece.

I am the President of the Cedarburg Artists Guild.  My most recent project was to complete 70 paintings in 70 days of Cedarburg homes.  These homes, along with still lifes and landscapes, were on display in my solo exhibit, “Come Home:  the Art of Deb Rolfs,” at the Cedarburg Cultural Center from July 18 through August 27, 2017.  I was recently the winner of the “People’s Choice” Award in the Cedarburg Cultural Center’s “Third Annual Members’ Exhibit” in December of 2014, and awarded a blue ribbon in the Ozaukee County show in March 2015.  I was the CCC’s Artist in Residence in January 2015 and have taught painting classes at the CCC.  I also have three paintings in the permanent collection at the West Bend Mutual Insurance Company.

My original oil and acrylic paintings can be seen at the the Pink Llama Gallery and the Main Street Gallery in Cedarburg, WI.






Feel Free to Visit me at my website for more info on my work, 
Click on my website: debrolfs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment