Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jack Pachuta #25 on the Covered Bridge Art Studio Tour stop Oct 10-12th



ARTIST’S STATEMENT: JACK PACHUTA
The world is a magnificently complex mixture of color, light, textures and shapes!
Look closely at what's around you and you'll see a universe of inspiration. Every day you'll find something you haven’t see before to stimulate your imagination. That's what I do via my monoprints - I make people see things they might not otherwise see.

When completing my prints, I take a non-traditional approach to my subject matter. The people, flora and fauna that provide my artistic inspiration are placed in unique environments enabling my audiences to see them in new, thought-provoking lights. The combination of traditional printmaking techniques with the craftsmanship of pencil and ink renderings creates vibrant, dramatic colors coalescing around specific textures. Each work, then, tells a story intrinsic to the subject.

When viewing my work, you'll discover an enhanced reality - tones, hues and shadows that prompt you to go beyond your existing perspective of what you're truly seeing.

At its core, artist’s challenge is to portray the usual in unusual ways and to make people see what they might not otherwise see. This is precisely what I attempt to do. Enjoy your voyage through my artwork and focus on seeing the world differently!






No comments:

Post a Comment